Congratulations on joining the HSE University family! There are many adventures, new friends, and discoveries, both personal and academic awaiting you.
You will experience a lot of highs and lows, but no matter what happens, do not forget that HSE University is always there for you. Don't miss the opportunities that the University provides!
To get you started, we have prepared this Student Handbook [nicknamed Pochemuchnik in Russian], which will get you up to speed on all things HSE University.
Wear a mask
- Always carry a reusable mask or a pack of disposable ones. By the way, there are vending machines in HSE buildings where you can buy a mask in case you've forgotten yours.
- Choose a mask that covers your mouth, nose, cheeks, and chin.
- Put it on and take it off touching only the elastic bands. If you touch the mask surface, disinfect your hands.
- Don’t forget to replace the mask if you wear it for 1.5-2 hours or if it has become wet.
- Masks are only necessary in places where it’s impossible to maintain social distance. In the open air you can relax a little and take it off.
Wash your hands
- Washing your hands with soap kills the virus, so be sure to wash your hands when you enter a building, before eating, or if you have touched your mask.
- If you can't wash your hands with soap, you can use sanitizers or alcohol-based sprays and wipes. Always carry them in your bag. If you don’t have any, you can use sanitizers placed in all HSE buildings.
- Disinfect your phone, laptop, computer, and other items using alcohol wipes or sanitizers.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth with your hands until you have sanitized your hands.
Maintain social distancing and follow etiquette rules
- Keep the social distance of 1.5 meters.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue when coughing or sneezing. Make sure to throw it away afterwards.
Call a doctor if you develop the slightest symptoms
- If you have a cough, shortness of breath, fever, weakness or breathing problems, stay at home and call a doctor immediately. Do not self-medicate.
- Follow your doctor's instructions, rest in bed, and drink plenty of fluids.
To those beginning their studies and planning on not missing a single deadline in the new year, we invite you to begin preparing now.
With the help of new beginnings, calendars and planners with our beloved HSE crow can be begun any time of the year. You can print them out in any size, paste them into a day planner or hang them over your desk. It is has been proven that these tools retain their value regardless of how they are used!